My childhood memories were filled with trips to the circus, I remembered when the circus came to my hometown and built its tent at an open field. It was one of the most memorable outings during my childhood. Hence, I would for my kids to have the same memories like me growing up, visiting a circus that is coming to town! And its definitely a treat for the kids who will be finishing their last exam papers this week!
If you have not notice, there is a red and white top built next to Marina Bay Sands ,which was led by a 5th generation Italian tent maker, Paolo Anceschi with a team of approximately 20 men and women who hoisted more than 100 steel poles from the ground up.
Featuring more than 16 sensational acts, the galaxy of circus superstars from Russia and the circus capitals of the world, THE GREAT MOSCOW CIRCUS, is presenting a brand-new genre of show blending traditional circus acts with the new. The spectacular show mixes clowns and acrobatic artists with daredevil motorcyclists, death-defying aerial stunts, jugglers and illusion and much more– all supported by a live circus band. The show contains no animal acts.
Mr Guild said, “We are so excited to be bringing the great Russian Circus tradition back to Singapore. Established in 1918, the Great Moscow Circus is recognised around the world as the best of the best. THE GREAT MOSCOW CIRCUS offers thrilling, edge-of-your-seat entertainment for the whole family at affordable ticket prices including children’s prices. The Great Moscow Circus comes from over 100 years of truly great tradition and I’m certain that Singaporeans will love it. Don’t miss the circus of a lifetime !”
Some interesting to marvel your kids before the show :-
ABOUT THE RED AND WHITE GREAT MOSCOW CIRCUS BIG TOP:
- The Great Moscow Circus Big Top is a far cry from the canvas tents of old.
- The ‘traditional’ large tents, commonly known as ‘Big Tops’ were introduced in the mid-19th century
- The Great Moscow circus million-dollar tent was specially created for the Singapore season by leading Italian tent manufacturers Anceschi and Canobbio and took several months to build
- THE GREAT MOSCOW CIRCUS brings with it more than 100 tonnes of equipment and the brand-new big top will be packed into 7 x 40ft containers.
- This circumference of the tent is 40 metres.
- It is supported by 4 steel masts, known as King Poles, that each stand at 18.5 metres high.
- The raising requires a team of approximately 20 people to raise the 4 King Poles and the more than 130 side poles and 250 tent pegs to secure the structure
- The Big Top can accommodate 1,600 people per show in all chair seating.
- The Big Top tent has over 5 kilometres of cables as part of the structure
- The Big Top is valued at over US$1million and was made specifically for Singapore
- It takes just 3 days to erect the Big Top, but just 12 hours to dismantle
- The ring is 10 meters in diameter and no audience member will ever be more than 11 meters from the action so every seat provides a great view of this spectacular show
- The entire site set-up includes installation of the Big Top, Foyer Tent and dressing room tent.
- Moving the circus from one location to another takes a fleet of 15 semi-trailers
The Great Moscow Circus takes place under the The Red and White Big Top at Bayfront Avenue, beside Marina Bay Sands from 25 October for 4 weeks only. Tickets available from SISTIC.
Tuesday to Friday: 7:30pm
Saturday: 12noon, 4:00pm and 7:30pm
Sunday: 11:00am, 3:00pm and 6:30pm
* Excludes the booking fee of SGD$4 per ticket
Share the article